San Antonio, for a limited time you can head to Ingram Park Mall for a great deal on Six Flags Fiesta Texas tickets! For just $85 you’ll receive a 4 pack of tickets, a tote bag, water bottle and a $25 Simon gift card. So it you plan on shopping at Simon Malls anyway, that’s like getting each Fiesta Texas ticket for just $15!
Just visit the Ingram Park Mall Management office on the 2nd floor (across from SSFCU), while supplies last. The tickets will be valid through sometime in May. See details here.
As far as I know, this deal is NOT available at Rolling Oaks or North Star Malls, but please let me know if you find otherwise.
The Six Flags Fiesta Texas park will reopen weekends starting February 25th and will be open during Spring Break. See the full calendar here. Also, in case you haven’t heard what’s new in 2017, they’re opening the new Thunder Rapids Water Coaster and they will hold a Marti Gras Festival from March 24th to April 30th. Find out more here.
Once again, 7-Eleven is having Bring Your Own Cup Day on 08/19 & 08/20 from 11 am – 7 pm! Fill your own cup for just $1.50. Note that it must be able to fit into a 10 inch cut out. See details here.
Here’s a nice deal on admission to the San Antonio Zoo with a train ride! For a limited time Groupon is offering either a $12 package for one or a $24 package for two. Get the deal here.
Great news! Splashtown San Antonio is offering the rest of 2016 FREE when you purchase a 2017 season pass! Being a season pass holder has lots of perks:
- Friends or family get 1/2 off General Admission before 4 pm (limit 4)
- 25% off a Cabana Rental
- 2 Complimentary Daily Admission Tickets (see date restrictions)
The cost of a Splashtown Season Pass is $54.99 + tax. It pays for itself in just 2 visits. If you purchase 4 or more you’ll receive a reduced rate of $49.99 + tax. Get your season here or by calling 210-227-1400.
If you’re planning on just a 1 day visit, you can save big when you present any Big Red product (can or bottle, full or empty) at the gate. You’ll receive admission for $22.99 + tax. Note that you’ll need to present 1 Big Red product per person. See details on the Splashtown San Antonio Facebook page.
UPDATE: This event has ended, but you can find info on the Spring 2017 American Heroes Week here. The next one will be May 29 – June 4, 2017.
Once again Schlitterbahn New Braunfels is offering FREE admission to all Military, Police, Firefighters, & EMTs from August 22 – 26! Just show your military ID or proof of employment at the gate. Please note that the hours of operation during this week will be 10 am – 5 pm and only the Blastenhoff section will be open.
In addition, spouses and dependent children can receive 50% off the gate price. See details here.
UPDATE: This deal has ended but you can check out the new 2017 deal for $85 (4 tickets + a $25 Simon Mall gift card).
San Antonio, have you seen this deal on TV? Head to a participating IHOP and for just $69.99 you can purchase a $40 IHOP gift card and 4 tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas! So it you plan on eating at IHOP anyway, that’s like getting each Fiesta Texas ticket for just $7.50, ah-mazing!! Hurry this offer is only valid while supplies last. You’ll be able to use your Six Flags tickets from 08/01/16 to 09/11/16. See restaurant for details.
UPDATE: Readers have been kind enough to leave updates of where they’re finding this deal. If you’re in cities surrounding the San Antonio area it’s worth checking to see if your IHOP is participating. Also, just to confirm, the tickets are for Fiesta Texas only. You will not be able to use it at other Six Flags locations.
For those of you wondering about tax. I picked up mine today and it came out to $72.46 with tax. It looks like they’ve taxed $29.99, which is just the non-gift card portion.
If you happen to be a Six Flags Fiesta Texas season ticket holder, learn more about their BONUS Bring a Friend FREE Days on 07/25, 08/01, 08/08, or 08/15.
For even more summer fun, head over here to see how Military, Police, Firefighters & EMTs can get FREE ADMISSION TO SCHLITTERBAHN NEW BRAUNFELS!
Then put your $40 IHOP gift card to good use by taking advantage of their new promotion starting 08/01! Kids eat FREE with purchase of an adult entree!
Attention Six Flags Fiesta Texas season pass holders! Head to San Antonio or Austin MetroPCS locations for a “Bonus” Bring a Friend FREE voucher! This voucher is valid for a complimentary admission on Monday, 07/18, 07/25, 08/01, 08/08, or 08/15. Just present it along with your season pass at the park for one complimentary general admission ticket. Limit one per season pass, valid only at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. See details here. You can find the nearest MetroPCS location here.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by US Family Guide and Schlitterbahn.
We recently had the pleasure of visiting the #1 ranked Waterpark in World for the past 18 years! You guessed it, Schlitterbahn New Braunfels! Here are 12 tips to own your trip to Schlitterbahn Waterpark.
- Plan to go on a weekday. We went on the 2nd Friday of June and the crowds weren’t too bad, but they would be even better Tuesday – Thursday.
- Purchase tickets online for the most savings, but make sure you have a printer. Military discounts are available at nearby bases. If you have a group of 15 or more you can inquire about group rates.
- Take a look at the Park Map ahead of time. You don’t have to plan out your entire day, but I suggest looking at the Attraction Rating and height requirements. This way you’ll have an idea of what will work for your family.
- Get there early. Even if you purchase tickets ahead of time you’ll still need to exchange them for a wristband. Find directions and parking information here.
- Start at Schlitterbahn East. To get there, slightly alter the directions found above. You’ll want to take Common and make a left on Union. We enjoyed everything at Schlitterbahn East within a few hours and when we headed to Schitterbahn West on the tram there were tons of people waiting to go east, which meant fewer lines for us.
- Find a shady picnic table and make sure everyone knows how to locate it. If someone gets separated plan to meet back at this spot. If you want to send older kids off on their own, you can just have them check in at certain times (wear a waterproof watch).
- Pack your own lunch. Schlitterbahn is one of the only parks that allows you to bring your own cooler with food and drinks (excluding alcohol & glass containers). This will save you lots of money.
- Plan to rent a locker or get a waterproof case for your keys and money. Locker rentals are $10, but you get a $2 refund when you turn in your key. They also sell waterproof cases that hang around your neck for around $7, which are perfect for keys and money. You can leave your cooler and big items at your table, we’ve never had a problem with anyone bothering our stuff.
- Apply and reapply sunblock. If you think you might need water shoes wear them, but it’s not necessary. Don’t forget your towels. You can wear hats and sunglasses, but you’ll need to hang on to them during some rides.
- Invest in a waterproof phone case to capture all of the memories you’re sure to make. I got mine on Amazon for around $6.
- Some tube chutes have a split with the option to go left or right. If you’re in a group be sure to decide ahead of time which way to go. These paths will end at completely different locations, so it’s important for little ones to know which way to go.
- End the day in one of the heated pools (with swim up bar, if you prefer). This was amazing for my achy muscles after a long day.